All students who take private lessons at Big Sky DanceSport have a custom program that they design with their instructor to help them meet their dance goals. See the Private Lesson Options below to discover where to begin. Our professionally trained instructors will help you take your next steps into the world of DanceSport!
Dance EvaluationExperienced Dancers Only
- One Private Lesson for a single or couple
- Designed to discover a dancer/s level of experience to be able to custom plan a program that will meet their dance goals.
IntroductoryNew Dancers Only
- Two Private Lessons
- One Basics Group Class
- One Friday Night Practice Dance
- Discover DanceSport
- Try out America’s most popular social dances… Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Rumba, Cha Cha, EC Swing, Two-Step, & Night Club Two-Step
- Plus we plan a custom Social Foundation to help you meet your dance goals
- $39 Limited Offer Special (for a single or couple)
Wedding ConsultationFirst Dance/Anniversary/Wedding Party/etc.
- One Private Lesson/Consultation
- Designed to help you discover what dance/s match your music selection/s for your special dance. We custom plan each special dance based on your goals and timeline.
All Private Lesson Offers above are limited to one per person/couple.
Juniors DanceSport (Beginning May 7, 2019) 6:00pm Tuesday & Thursday
(Ages 6 – 17 years old. Juniors will be divided into two age groups: 6-11 & 12-17)
Juniors Group Class at 6:00pm every Tuesday & Thursday beginning May 2019!
Series continues over 6 months. $75/month/junior includes both Tuesday & Thursday night classes.
Juniors Private Lessons scheduled by appointment at a discounted rate during operating hours.
Open Registration! Please give us a call if you are registering a junior following the May 7th beginning date.
Group Classes – Two Instructors if class has ten or more students, learn from both a lead and follow’s perspective! Tuesday-Thursday classes are progressive monthly series.
Where it’s best to add patterns and reinforce what you are learning on your private lessons. We offer beginner level through advanced style group classes.
Check out our curent classes and specials on our Calendar!
We periodically offer Saturday Workshops typically with a dance style theme!
Give your dancing a boom with intensive all day training! Keep an eye out for visiting coaches joining these events!
Check out our workshops and specials here & on our Calendar!
Themed Saturday Workshops & Dances this summer!
May 11 – Latin
June 8 – Country Western
July 20 – Ballroom
$15/person/workshop or save with early registration for the entire day’s events!
$15/person at the door for the dances is subject to change depending on live music options!
Practice Dances & Open Dances
Practice Dances – Every Thursday Night with your instructors!
Designed for Big Sky DanceSport students to be able to practice what they are learning with other students who are learning the same way, plus practicing with the instructors. These fun social nights help reinforce what you are learning on your lessons while providing a controlled social environment. Our instructors are also there to help you and observe what you might need to focus on during your next private lesson.
Open Dances – Saturday Nights – See Calendar
Designed for Big Sky DanceSport Students as well as the Greater Dance Community! Some will be theme dances with matching music, however during breaks other styles will be played. Live or canned music. These dances are for the full social experience of dancing. Providing Big Sky DanceSport students with the ability to try out their skills with dancers of all levels and training backgrounds. Dress Codes apply to all Open Dances!
Dance Shoes & More...
Dance Shoes – Limited stock available in studio
We carry mens and womens dance shoes! Come on in to have a fitting. If we do not have your size in stock we will order it for you. A+Dance Shoes are high quality at an affordable price point. We do not mark up our shoes!
Merchandise – Always Expanding
We are in the process of adding Big Sky DanceSport studio jackets and more! Plus, we are bringing in practice dance wear from MALY. (Limited Stock coming soon, custom orders available now.) When it comes to competition time we will host trunk shows for Ballgowns, Latin, & Men’s from designers like Fashions for Passion!
Gift Certificates & More…
Showcases & Competitions
We offer annual/semi-annual local showcases for our students and outside studios to join similar to a recital type event or competitive style event.
Competitions are promoted throughout the year across the nation for those who want to see how they compare to other dancers across the nation and be part of the national/world dance community.
Both Showcases and Competitions help students reach a specific goal in a limited amount of time! Nothing helps ones drive to improve quickly more than aiming for a short term goal such as these!
Why should you incorporate Private Lessons, Group Classes, & Dances into your learning repertoire? (3-Tier)
- Private Lessons are where you focus on your personal dancing techniques (PMCC), especially your lead/follow skills. Each lesson is customized to your style of learning, your physical attributes, your strenghts & weaknesses all with the undivided attention of your instructor. The finer points that make a great and confident dancer!
- Group Classes are where you add mostly patterns with the ability to practice your lead/follow skills with other dancers in the process. A social learning style with progress determined by the class plan and progress of the group as a whole.
- Practice Dances are designed for students of all levels to practice what they are learning in their private lessons & group classes with other students who are learning the same way to help reinforce all of the techniques they are collectivly working on in a live situation.
- Open Dances are the ultimate “test” for students to try out their lead/follow skills with dancers of all levels and training backgrounds. These dances often bring to light new challenges for leads and follows which they address on their next private lesson to overcome them.